One of our most popular services is vehicle wraps. Nothing catches attention quite like a beautiful wrap...whether the wrap is for business or for personal “vehicle restyling.” When used for advertising, custom wraps don’t just look good….they’re also an investment! You can get more value for your dollar with vehicle advertising wraps than from almost any other traditional form of advertising.
If you’ve been wondering if a vehicle wrap is right for you, your company or organization, this list of our top five most frequently asked questions is a great place to learn more.
1. What is a vehicle wrap?
A full-coverage wrap is created when large sheets of vinyl wrap film are adhered to most or all of the painted surfaces of a vehicle to transform its appearance, without the expense or permanence of a paint job. The vinyl has an adhesive backing and comes in a variety of colors, styles, printed graphics, and finishes. Wraps can be applied to almost any type of vehicle, including cars, trucks, vans, trailers, motorcycles, boats, golf carts, and more.
With a combination of the right design and the original paint color, a partial wrap can be just as impactful and as effective as a full-coverage wrap but typically at a lower cost. A partial wrap covers roughly half to three-quarters of the vehicle. The original factory paint is still exposed in many places on a partially wrapped vehicle.
We install the following types of vehicle wraps:
- Advertising Wraps - Advertising wraps typically consist of digitally printed designs which include logos, photos, contact information, and branded elements that serve as advertising for a company or organization. These wraps are primarily produced on standard printable vinyl with a glossy UV protective laminate for added protection.
This is an example of a full-coverage advertising wrap that we designed for Lyft. As you can imagine, this truck gets attention wherever it goes!
- Color Change Wraps - Color change wraps are designed to change the overall color or look of your vehicle. The newer possibilities of vinyl finishes and combinations for a color change wrap are endless. Examples include chrome, textured, carbon fiber, color-shifting, brushed metal, leather, and more!
This is a 'before' photo of a 2016 Nissan 370Z NISMO. That's a lot of white!
Can you believe this is the same car? This is a great example of a full-coverage color change wrap. We love the new satin blue color with metallic gray and silver accents!
2. How effective is an advertising wrap at generating new business?
A growing number of business owners are making the decision to invest in car wrap advertising. Here are some reasons why:
- The average American has traveled 302 miles in the past 7 days.
- Depending on city and population size, one vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 and 70,000 impressions each day.
- More than 95% of Americans are reached by media targeting vehicle drivers and passengers.
- A Federal Highway Administration study projects a sharp increase in the amount of time spent in personal vehicles and the number of trips made in a vehicle per household.
* Information provided by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America.
A well executed advertising vehicle wrap will give you the most value for your marketing budget.
3. How much does a vehicle wrap cost?
We take several things into consideration when providing a quote for a custom wrap, including:
- the size and type of vehicle (or coverage area)
- the type and brand of vinyl material (specialty vinyls can increase the cost significantly)
- the surface conditions (Are there rivets, screws, seams, etc. that will require additional time?)
- the overall complexity of the project (Does the vehicle have a lot of curves versus flat sections? Does the vehicle have a spoiler? Will vinyl be applied to the bumpers or door jambs? Will the windows be covered?)
Because wrap design, (whether for a full advertising wrap, partial wrap, or stripe kit), is such a critical part of the process, we start with design as a separate activity. Sometimes customers bring us the design. But most often, we provide custom design work for our clients. Our design fees start at $250 for a partial wrap and at $350 for a full advertising or custom wrap.
Here is a general summary of how much we charge for standard wraps (for cars, vans and trucks) after the design phase is complete.
COST SUMMARY (for most cars, vans, and trucks):
- Partial wraps: typically $1,200 - $2,500
- Full-coverage commercial advertising wraps (small vehicles): typically $2,200 - $3,000
- Full-coverage commercial advertising wraps (large vehicles): typically $3,000 - $4,000
- Full-coverage commercial advertising wraps (very large transport vehicles, such as buses or semi trailers): typically $5,000 - $8,000
- Full-coverage color change wraps: typically $3,000 - $5,500 depending on the vehicle size, original color, new color, and body complexity
- Vehicle personalization packages: Please inquire for pricing.
4. How long does a vehicle wrap last?
The life span of a vehicle wrap is typically between 3 - 5 years, depending on the amount of wear it sustains from daily use and from the climate/exposure it experiences. However, a wrap that is well taken care of can last much longer.
When a wrap includes perforated window vinyl for inside-out viewing, it’s important to understand that the perforated vinyl, even with a protective clear laminate, will typically deteriorate more quickly than the regular wrap vinyl. Perforated window graphics typically last 6 months - 2 years depending on exposure and care.
You can learn about our recommendations for the proper care and maintenance for vehicle wraps in our reference sheet: Keeping It Clean - Care and Maintenance for Vehicle Wraps.
5. Can a wrap protect my vehicle?
Unfortunately, a vehicle wrap can’t protect your vehicle from accidents, dings, or other major damage. However, when installed on factory paint, high quality vinyl can provide some protection from minor scratches and rock chips which would normally occur over time.
Many owners of high-end vehicles use a vinyl wrap both for the personal styling effect as well as to protect the OEM paint for resale value.
Don't worry about the weather! We install high-quality custom wraps year-round in our spacious, temperature-controlled shop.
So, now you’ve learned more about vehicle wraps. Are you ready to take the next step and see some bold, beautiful advertising on your plain, white company truck? Or, are you ready to try something new and take your sports car’s look to the next level? We’re ready to get started, so give us a call at 615-595-6564! We have a spacious, temperature-controlled shop, as well as the best team of graphic designers and installers that can create something amazing for you!
For more information or to get a free price estimate on your custom wrap, click on the button below.