The term “vehicle wrap” is often used when it comes to describing the application of vinyl to a vehicle. Although we have a lot of customers who purchase custom advertising wraps, many are looking for other options. So what exactly is a wrap and how does it compare to other vehicle graphics? Check out this short list of industry terms to find your answer!
This vibrant full coverage wrap was printed and installed for WZTV Fox 17 News in Nashville.
- Full Coverage Wrap - Full-coverage advertising wraps (like the one pictured above) cover the majority or all of the vehicle’s painted surfaces. This type of wrap is used to completely transform the vehicle’s appearance without the expense or permanence of a paint job.
- Partial Wrap - A partial wrap (as shown below) covers 25-75% of the vehicle’s painted surfaces, so the graphics should complement the vehicle’s paint color.
This is a great example of partial coverage. The green looks nice against the grey paint on this Toyota Rav-4. And the smaller decals complete the look!
- Printed Decals - Printed decals typically cover very small portions of the vehicle. Company or organization logos are one of the most common decals that we print.
This decal was contour cut and then installed on a golf cart for Vanderbilt Baseball. We hope we'll get the opportunity to print new decals now that they're also the 2019 National Champions!
- Cut Vinyl Graphics - These include letters and single color icons which are contour cut out of standard vinyl colors.
We installed silver cut vinyl graphics on 18 loaner cars for EuroFix. This small amount of vinyl was very reasonably priced.
- Magnets - Magnets are used for temporary installations and can be reused many times. They can also be contour cut for added customization.
- Perforated Window Vinyl - Perforated window vinyl describes a window graphic that has tiny holes in it. The graphics appear opaque from the outside, but are “see through” when sitting inside the vehicle.
Perforated window vinyl works especially well on large windows like these!
The best thing about the options mentioned above is that you can choose just one or combine several on one vehicle to create a more cohesive look. We can work together to find the best option to fit your budget. Just remember...even a little vinyl coverage can leave a lasting impression!
When you’re ready to discuss your vehicle advertising, give us a call at (615) 595-6564 or click on the button below. We look forward to working with you!
We’re a sign company located in Franklin, TN, but we serve all of Middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Smyrna, Spring Hill, Columbia and Murfreesboro. We specialize in vehicle wraps, environmental branding, lobby and logo signs, wall murals, window graphics, architectural displays, event signage, trade show displays, and custom projects. We also ship our custom vehicle wraps and signage products to addresses in the US and Canada.
Leave a Reply