When you live and work in an exciting city like Nashville, it makes sense to highlight popular local attractions on the walls of your office interior. To celebrate some of the area’s most iconic landmarks and symbols, we printed and installed a beautiful, massive wall mural for the Deloitte firm in the Hermitage neighborhood of Nashville. Here’s a look at this cool project!
We received the artwork for the wall mural from The Parent Company, a construction management firm out of Brentwood, TN. The theme was designed to embrace Nashville and some of the attractions for which the city is well known. Our designer prepped the artwork to fit the dimensions of the 47’ x 25’ wall above and below the staircase in Deloitte’s spacious lobby. Once the proof was approved, we digitally printed the graphics on panels of 20 oz. textured wallpaper vinyl using our wide format HP printer.
Check out the vibrant color in this panel! We printed the panels for the wall mural on our wide format HP printer.
We laid the long panels on large sheets of protective paper and applied an aqueous clear coat. Similar to a laminate, the clear coat provides an extra layer of protection. This made the panels of wallpaper graphics much more durable as well as cleanable, so they will continue to look great for many years.
An aqueous clear coat was applied to the panels. This provided extra strength, durability and washability.
We then travelled to the Deloitte office and installed the panels above and below the main lobby staircase using custom built scaffolding and a lift system. As you can imagine, this was not an easy undertaking … just look at the size of that wall! The vinyl covered nearly 1,300 SF!
Here's the completed wall mural after installation! Look closely to find Nashville landmarks and symbols.
If you take a closer look, you’ll notice that the mural includes a topographical map of the interstate system, as well as several details which make this design unique to the Music City. See if you can find these (sometimes hidden) details!
- The “Batman Building” (also known as AT&T Tower) - the most recognized skyscraper in the Nashville skyline
- Blue Bird - represents the Bluebird Cafe, a famous listening room where songwriters and other artists perform their hit songs
- Jack’s BBQ - a popular restaurant located on Broadway (and 2 other Nashville locations) that’s been serving amazing BBQ for nearly 30 years. (Look above the walking bridge for the pig sign! This one is small and a little hard to see unless you’re standing close.)
- WSMV Tower - the 1,368 foot tall tower which can be seen from all parts of Nashville. (Look to the left in the wall mural!)
- Tennessee State Capitol Building - the home of the governor’s office, the Tennessee General Assembly, and a national historic landmark
- The Parthenon - a full-scale replica of the Parthenon from ancient Greece. It also has a full-scale, gold-plated replica of Athena and an art museum inside!
- Printer’s Alley - the original center of Nashville’s nightlife and early location of Nashville’s two largest newspapers, The Tennessean and The Nashville Banner. (Look in the middle of the interstate system map for this one! Think newspaper boy!)
- Grand Ole Opry - Nashville’s number one attraction! The Grand Ole Opry showcases a mix of country legends and contemporary artists in regular weekly shows and a radio program. (Look for the microphone!)
- Catfish - represents the well-known tradition of fans throwing catfish on the ice during Nashville Predators playoff games. (Think water for this one.)
- 3 Stars - for the 3 grand divisions of the state of Tennessee: west, middle and east
- Trees and river - represent the natural beauty of Middle Tennessee
We also continued the wall mural under the stairs. The trees and river represent the natural beauty of Middle Tennessee.
We love the Nashville vibe in this wall mural! It’s a great conversation piece for everyone who visits the Deloitte offices in Hermitage. With the durability and vivid color in this vinyl wall mural, we’re sure employees and visitors will enjoy this piece of artwork for many years to come!
Do you have walls in your office space that could be used for branding or decorating? Wall murals are a perfect option to add color, interest and “WOW” to your workspace!
We design, print and install large-scale wall murals for businesses throughout the Middle Tennessee area. We offer a wide variety of vinyl materials with different textures that can be used to create a very specific and unique look for your business. We can also print and ship our wall murals just about anywhere in the United States or Canada. Want to see more examples of our wall murals? Check out our Photo Gallery.
We also specialize in vehicle advertising wraps, branded interiors, custom interior signage, lobby and logo signs, window graphics, and architectural displays. We serve all of Middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Spring Hill, Smyrna, and Mt. Juliet. Give us a call at 615-595-6564 or click on the link below to get your project started. We look forward to working with you!
“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax, and related services to select clients. For more information about Deloitte, visit www.deloitte.com.