We recently published a Project of the Week article about the facility branding graphics we fabricated and installed at SF Police Credit Union’s new administrative building in San Bruno, CA. This week, we want to tell you about three more exciting pieces we installed for SFPCU, including a custom heritage wall display, meeting room photo displays and vinyl window maps. Let’s take a look!
This heritage wall display is laid out nicely. You can easily see the decades at the top as well as important dates and images under each of those decades.
SFPCU’s history dates back to 1953, when its first branch opened at the Golden Gate Park Police Station in San Francisco, CA. To display this and other important dates in the credit union’s history, SFPCU worked with design+build firm NewGround to design a dimensional timeline. 12-Point was asked to fabricate and install the custom display.
SFPCU’s heritage wall consists of the following elements:
- Acrylic Numbers - The years “1953” and “2019” were fabricated from ½” thick clear acrylic painted white to match the wall color. (Additional information will be added under 2019 later this year.)
- Dimensional Acrylic Display (under “1953”) - We printed the SFPCU logo and text on the back surface of a 21” x 48” piece of clear frosted acrylic. The acrylic panel was installed using six satin aluminum standoffs to give it a dimensional look.
- Acrylic Letters - The header text “HONORING OUR PROUD HISTORY” was cut from ½” thick acrylic and painted in a complementary dark blue.
- Wall Graphics - We printed the timeline’s wall graphics on high performance vinyl and applied laminate for extra protection. The panels for the wall graphics were applied directly to the painted drywall.
- Aluminum Panels - We fabricated 18” x 96” dimensional aluminum panels with 3” returns. These were installed on the wall using hidden mounting hardware. We also applied printed vinyl graphics to cover the front surfaces of the panels and the 3” returns. The vinyl on the panels was designed to line up with the vinyl patterns on the wall.
The dimensional panels help this heritage wall really stand out!
Meeting Room Photo Displays
In addition to the heritage wall display, we also installed dimensional photo displays in several meeting rooms. The images were printed on vinyl with a gloss laminate and mounted on ½” thick black PVC. Some were installed as stand alone images, and others were installed with other images and color blocks. The photo below shows a great example.
The various photo displays we installed consist of police equipment, officers, police dogs and horses, vintage photos, and more.
To see a larger photo display we fabricated for SFPCU using silicone edge graphics for the photos, read this article: Facility Branding Energizes SF Police Credit Union in San Bruno, CA.
Vinyl Maps on Meeting Room Windows
Vinyl map graphics were also installed on the windows of 11 meeting rooms in the administrative building for room identification. The vinyl maps consisted of grey cut vinyl maps with an inlaid color block to represent each corresponding district of the San Francisco Police Department. These window graphics added a nice touch!
Window graphics like these are a great way to identify meeting and conference rooms.
As you can see, the heritage wall display, photo displays and vinyl map window graphics are not only attractive, but also serve as great conversation starters for visitors and customers. We were honored to help build and install these beautiful elements for SFPCU and NewGround.
Is your company ready to take your branding to the next level? We can help you create a branded environment that will get attention! Give us a call at (615) 595-6564 or click on the button below to get your project started. We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re a custom sign company located in Franklin, TN. We serve all of Middle Tennessee and also ship and install our custom products in locations throughout the US and Canada. We offer a wide variety of custom products, including logo and lobby signs, vehicle wraps, window graphics, wall murals, architectural displays, custom projects, and more.